- Create arenas for practitioners to share and shape good practices in relation to good food for all
- Draw on experiences from the ground to contribute to and influence policy debates locally and nationally
- Raise awareness and develop greater public understanding of food policy and related issues
One particular aspect of our role is to provide what Bishop Paul Bayes describes as a
‘line of sight to the street and back’.
We want to ensure the stories of people who have first-hand experience of hunger or food insecurity, and of those who are working in our communities to tackle these issues, are heard by our local and national policy makers.
- Hosting events bringing together people in the city working towards good food for all
- Telling the stories of people who have experiences of hunger and food insecurity
- Campaigning with local and national partners to tackle the root causes of poverty
- Supporting and equipping projects working towards good food for all
Liverpool’s Good Food Plan
We are developing and driving forward Liverpool’s Good Food Plan in partnership with a range of people and organisations. The Good Food Plan is an evolving plan and a living document. The Good Food Plan brings together people and organisations concerned with good food for all, many of whom are already doing amazing work in our communities.
Through this work Feeding Liverpool:
- Host events which bring together people in the city working towards Good Food for all, including people who have experiences of hunger and food insecurity. Our action-focused events seek to inform, enable, connect and inspire. Recent events include Community Growing and Community Gardens on Church Land and the Impact of Welfare Reforms on the Food Security of Vulnerable People. View more past events here.
- Tell stories of people who have experiences of hunger and food insecurity. We work to include people who have first-hand experience in local and national policy decisions. We share tools and resources to support organisations supporting people to tell their stories.
- Campaign with local and national partners to tackle the root causes of poverty. We combine storytelling with campaigning to raise and develop public awareness of issues of food policy. Campaigns Feeding Liverpool are supporting include the Right to Food and the Plenty to Share: Abundance and Equality Declaration. View our past campaigns here
- Support and equip projects working towards good food for all in Liverpool. During the Covid-19 pandemic, Feeding Liverpool partnered with Feeding Britain to support the food supply of emergency food provision in the city. Feeding Liverpool also led the Winter Boost Project, boosting emergency food parcels with fresh fruit, vegetables, fish and eggs.
Our National Network Partners