Become a Food Ambassador!
Food ambassadors are passionate advocates for Good Food in their communities.
Food connects us to our history, identity and community; it’s vital for our health and wellbeing. But too often Good Food is hard to access, our food cultures are unrepresented and we don’t have the power to shape our food environments. Feeding Liverpool will be supporting voluntary food ambassador roles to improve access and education around good food, lead change-making initiatives and celebrate Liverpool’s diverse food cultures.
What will I do as a Food Ambassador?
• Take part in individual and group planning meetings (once a month)
• Identify barriers to accessing good food, problems or representational issues in your area/community
• Connect with like-minded individuals and organisations to find solutions
• Be supported to produce materials and hold events to engage the public and relevant stakeholders
• Have access to training opportunities as identified throughout the programme
Who can become a Food Ambassador?
• Open to anyone living in Liverpool
• We want people who are passionate about Good Food, and can represent the values of Feeding Liverpool and the Good Food Plan
• Able to dedicate about 2-4 hours per month
• Previous or current experience of being part of community networks or groups is desirable but not essential!
Food Ambassadors are voluntary positions, however, you will be paid expenses for any travel you are required to make as part of your role.
To apply to become a Food Ambassador please fill out the form below: