Feeding Liverpool have been asked to support Liverpool City Council’s distribution of the Household Support Fund to support people age 65 and over during the cost of living crisis. To be eligible to receive an allocation of this funding you must complete the survey below by the deadline of 5pm on Monday 5th September 2022
Liverpool’s network of emergency food providers and community food spaces support thousands of households experiencing food insecurity. This includes households with people aged 65 and over, whose access to good food has been affected due to the cost of living crisis.
A proportion of the Household Support Fund will therefore be allocated to emergency food providers and community food spaces. This funding is to be spent on food stock for their organisation and used within their existing services that support this age group.
To receive a proportion of this allocation, emergency food providers and community food spaces must (i) fulfill all the eligibility criteria below, (ii) complete the following survey in full and (iii) agree to provide monitoring data on how this resource has been spent. The full terms will be set out in a partnership agreement with Feeding Liverpool.
To be eligible to receive a proportion of the Household Support Fund your organisation must be:
- Directly providing food support for households which include people of aged 65 and over
- Running either :
- Regular, emergency food provision (e.g. a weekly foodbank or emergency meal provision)
- A community food space which distributes or serves food and usually relies on public donations or funding to provide food (e.g. a food pantry, community market, food union, community shop, regular community meal provider)
- A registered Charity, Charitable Incorporated Organisation, Community Interest Company or have charitable aims as part of your governing document, and meet the governance conditions stated on the survey
- Operating within Liverpool city council boundary
Unfortunately, without exception, any organisation whose survey response is received after the deadline of 5pm on Monday 5th September 2022 will not be eligible to participate.